Don’t you just love when you create something from scratch? I know I do because it’s such a huge sense of accomplishment. Especially when it contributes to your self-care ritual and it’s all natural.
Which is why I’m sharing with you a zen as f*ck sugar scrub made with lavender and lemon for your body today. If you’d like to check out the pumpkin pie and everything nice lip scrub, you can find it HERE or you want to spruce up your home with some fall scented candles, come THIS way.
Not only is this body scrub easy and cheap to make, you also know exactly what’s going onto your body. Because if you can’t pronounce the ingredients, chances are they’re loaded with toxic chemicals.
And the aromatherapy benefits of this scrub are just absolutely divine. You have the calming and soothing properties of lavender infused with the joy and bliss of lemon. Which means you get to restore your zen anytime you’re in the shower.
This scrub will literally take just a few minutes of your time with the bare minimum of three ingredients and a maximum of five ingredients. You’ll find out why in just a minute.
Let’s get started, shall we?
Zen As F*ck Sugar Scrub: Lavender & Lemon
What You’ll Need:
- 1/2 cup sifted granulated sugar
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. lavender buds
- lemon zest from one lemon
- 10 drops lavender essential oil (optional)
- 10 drops lemon essential oil (optional)
- glass jar with lid
The lavender and lemon essential oils are optional because if you don’t have any on hand, there’s no need to buy it.
The lemon zest will release their own oils into the blend. As for the lavender buds- give them a gentle squeeze as you’re pouring them into the jar so you can release their oils.
How to make:
- 1 like to sift my sugar to remove the clumps and make the scrub lighter and fluffier. If that’s not your jam, then by all means, do what butters your muffin.
- Pour 1 cup sifted (or not) granulated sugar into your glass jar.
- Add 2 tbsp. coconut oil and mix really well. If it’s still too clumpy for you, add a small dollop at a time until you reach the consistency you want.
- Pour the lavender buds with your fingers gently squeezing the buds to release their oils and fragrance.
- Then add the lemon zest. If you’re adding in the essential oils, now’s the time.
- Give everything a good stir.
- Cover the jar with the lid and shake it up to distribute the lavender and lemon zest evenly along with their oils.
Voila! You’re very own non-toxic good for you sugar scrub to restore your zen!
How to use:
- Gently massage on your body starting at the bottom of your feet, working in circular motions towards your heart. This helps to increase circulation and blood flow.
- Rinse off and pat your skin dry.
If you have super dry skin, oil your body BEFORE you get in the shower. The oil will act as a protective barrier against the water.
How to store:
Store in an airtight container for up to one week. You’re using fresh lemon so you want to make sure it doesn’t go rancid on you.
There you have it…a zen as f*ck body scrub made with all natural ingredients.
Want more diy beauty products? Check THIS post out.
If you’d like more recipes for homemade beauty treatments, please let me know in the comments below.
Be sure to share this with anyone who would enjoy making this.
See ya soon…in the meantime, stay zenspired!
Want oodles of self-care tips? Then check out this FREE 30 Days Of Self-Care Guide.