I’m super excited for this post today because it’s all about creating a magickal eclipse oil that you can use anytime you feel stuck, are at a crossroads or even need an extra dose of love and magic in your life.
With the upcoming Eclipse, I figured this would be the most opportune time to show you how to create some magic in your life. After all, couldn’t you use a little more magic in your life?
This is also a special time for me. My Sun, Mercury, Venus, and Uranus will be conjunct this super blood moon total lunar eclipse in Sag on 5/26/20 and it also happens to be on my half birthday. And with Jupiter transiting Pisces, my moon sign, I know I’m in store for major changes.
How we take the changes that are coming are up to us. Because there is no good or bad. Only our perception of it. So, what I’m saying is buckle up buttercup. Cause it’s going to be a wild ride.
Which is why I made this magickal oil- to help with the transition. But more importantly, to harness the power and energies of the full moon eclipse so you can further step into your power.
You can use the oil to dress candles, dabble some on your wrists or behind your ears, mix some with your moisturizer- whatever fancies your taste. It’s all about exploring your creativity and allowing your imagination to run wild.
Before I give you the recipe for the magickal eclipse oil, I want you to know that I made this specifically for the Sagittarius total lunar eclipse because of how strongly this is impacting my life. But you can use it for any eclipse because it’s about putting in the effort and meeting the Universe halfway so that you can bring in more magic.
Also, with no disrespect to Wicca, I don’t follow the belief system of manifesting with the new moon and releasing with the full moon.
I choose to honor the wisdom of our ancestors and those that came before us. It was their belief that when the moon is at its most illuminated, we have stark clarity on our desires and therefore can create and manifest into fruition.
Whereas during a new moon, when the sky appears to be moonless and is at its darkest, we have the most power to release anything that is hindering our growth.
If you’re into Wiccan beliefs and philosophies, by all means, release with the full moon and manifest with the new moon.
If you’re open to trying something new, you won’t be disappointed by conforming to the ancient ways.
As for the recipe- it can be used for either a new moon or full moon eclipse because it’s meant to help you surrender AND attract. Because life is about simplifying things, not inducing complications.
Let’s get started on this magickal eclipse oil, shall we?
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Glass jar with lid
- Olive oil
- Bay leaf
- Cinnamon stick
- Mexican marigold
- White sage
- Shaved palo santo ( I used a potato peeler. Do NOT use a cheese grater or microplane. You’ll understand why in a minute.)
If you don’t have all of these ingredients on hand, improvise. There is no need to go out and buy the stuff if you’re not going to reuse them.
I have all these ingredients already so I’m not spending any money on my oil. Besides, witchery shouldn’t be expensive or unattainable.
How to make the eclipse magickal oil:
- Combine all the dry ingredients in the glass jar. I eyeball everything so do it according to how you want it.
- Once you have your dried herbs in there, fill it with olive oil.
- Cover the lid and place crystals on top. As you can see, I have money in between the crystals and lid. I was out for a walk about a week ago and found money on the street. Because it was a gift from the Universe, I placed the money I found on the street to attract more blessings from the Universe.
- Store it outside or on a window sill to charge under the moon’s energies. This Sag full moon will be exact at 7:13am EST so I’ll leave it out overnight and pull it out around 8 or 9 in the morning.
- Once the magickal eclipse oil has been charged under the moon, store it in a dry place for about 2-4 weeks. I’ll be infusing mine for 4 weeks.
- Shake it gently everyday to get everything mixed around.
- Once the time is up, strain it through a cheesecloth into another jar, mini vials, or a mini spray bottle.
- The only thing you should have left in the jar is oil.
- Take all the herbs and sprinkle them on the ground to let Mother Earth absorb your wishes and to give back to her. And of course, to cut down on waste.
What you can use the eclipse magickal oil for:
- Anytime you need an extra dose of the moon’s energies and power
- When you need to surrender and attract
- When you want to connect to the Divine on a deeper level
- To tap into your subconscious
- To aid in your meditations
How you can use the eclipse magickal oil:
- Put a tiny bit on your wrists or behind your ears when you want to strut your stuff💜
- Saturate a cotton ball with the eclipse magickal oil, wrap in a washcloth and place it under your pillow to help with lucid dreaming
- Rub some on your third eye before meditating so you can tap into your intuition
- Sprinkle some oil onto your written manifestations to accelerate the power AND process
- Use a teeny tiny amount in your hair when you need a deep conditioning treatment
- If you’re using organic food grade herbs, you can mix some of the eclipse magickal oil with a salad dressing
- Use a small amount on your scalp and give yourself a scalp massage- talk about the ultimate self-care routine
- Mix a bit of the oil with your favorite body scrub for some witchy zen time
- Combine a bit of the oil with moisturizer so you can have an extra dose on magic on the daily
- Dress a candle with the eclipse magickal oil for your spell work
There are a bunch of more ways you can use the eclipse magickal oil and of course, use what you have. It’s just about using your imagination and creativity.
How do you use your eclipse magickal oil? Let me know in the comments below.
Oh, one last thing- if you know anyone who would benefit from this, please be sure to share it with them.
And don’t forget to subscribe- you’ll receive a FREE self-care guide, members only content and discounts, and loads of zenspiration.