If you’re anything like me and are obsessed with any form of divination tool and love DIY projects, then this post is going to be perfect for you. Today, I’m going to show you how to make your very own DIY astrology runes set.
I’m so excited to be sharing this with you because there seems to be a shortage of spiritual DIY crafts when you search the web.
You’re then forced to buy an arsenal full of spiritual tools and falling into the trap of consumerism. It can get pretty costly.
Which is kind of an anomaly if you ask me. Here, we’re being asked to renounce attachments and desires to find inner peace. Yet, we, or at least me, are always on the prowl to add more spiritually based items into our homes.
From taking yoga and meditation courses to collecting crystals to buying a plethora of tarot and oracle cards, to decor items that evoke a sense of peace just by looking at it, well, that money adds up quickly.
However, with some creativity and out of the box thinking, you can always find ways to lower your costs for getting your zen on.
That’s what it’s all about today with this DIY astrology runes set. There are astrology dice that you can buy, but when I saw these tiles that I had laying around, I figured it would be so awesome to make my own astrology runes. I was contemplating making a regular rune set, but I already have one. There wasn’t any need for me to replicate it.
And I love astrology, so it made more sense to work with astrology runes. If you’re not familiar with the astrology houses, planets, and zodiac signs, this is a great place to start. The more you read about it, the more acquainted you’ll become with it.
The best part is that you probably already have the tools in your house so there’s no need to go out and buy supplies that you’ll never use again. If you don’t, you can always go on a scavenger hunt around your neighborhood.
If you’re looking to deepen your spiritual practices while learning more about astrology, these runes are a great place to start. All you have to do is pull a rune of the day every morning. Or give yourself a weekly reading to see what the energies for the upcoming week are going to be for you.
You can even increase your intuition by playing a guessing game with it. Try to focus on which rune you think you will pull and see what comes out. The more you practice, the sharper your intuition becomes.
Back to the project. This will only take about 10 minutes of your time.
You can keep it for yourself or gift it to a friend who’s a spiritual junkie. If you have kids, you can even start to incorporate spirituality into their world with this project.
Let’s get started on this DIY astrology runes set, shall we?
If astrology isn’t your thing, you can always create your own runes set using one of the three runes alphabets. So, before you get started, figure out which rune set you want to make. You can work off of this for your own set or use one of the other two alphabets to make your runes.
What you will need for this DIY astrology runes set:
- 35 mini tiles or small rocks
- Permanent marker (if you have craft supplies on hand, you can also use glitter glue pens)
- Pictures of runes alphabet of your liking (use the picture below as reference if you’re choosing to do astrology runes)
- Small drawstring bag to hold the runes
Do note that you only need to make ONE north/south node rune. Depending on which way it lands, you can go for that energy to work with. For instance, if it’s a U shape, you need to work on your south node energies. If it’s an N shape, you need to harness more of your north node energies. To get your astrology birth chart to find out what your nodal placements are, click here.
How to make a DIY astrology runes set:
- Clean your rocks or tiles with some soap and water. Let them dry before you start writing on them.
- Use the permanent marker or glitter glue to mark each rune with either the astrology glyphs or the alphabets.
- If you make a mistake, it’s ok. I found that with a magic eraser, I was able to scrub away the imperfections.
- Repeat the process until you’ve completed all of your runes.
- You’ll notice that there are only 23 planets and zodiac signs total. Because the remaining 12 runes will be the 12 houses. You can write them in however way you wish too, dedicating one rune per house. I used Roman numeral because it gave a neater presentation.
- Place them in a drawstring bag and start taking your divination practices to a whole new level.
That’s all there is to this DIY astrology runes set. It takes so little of your time and you get to deepen your connection with yourself, so you might as well give this a try.
Have you made your own divination tools? Let me know in the comments below.
Be sure to share this with anyone it may benefit.
See ya soon…in the meantime, stay zenspired!
Want oodles of self-care tips? Then sign up for this FREE 30 Days Of Self-Care Guide.